Behavioral Health Services
We are a Medicare certified home health agency who is specialized in mental health. We service mentally ill and medically fragile patients. We will assist mental health centers, families, guardians, and other members of the health care team in achieving and maintaining the client's highest level of functioning in the community for as long as possible. We also have Medicare certified psychiatric nurses who can perform short term therapy or long term treatment with chronically mentally ill clients.
The team may consist of:
- Team Leaders who are Medicare certified psychiatric nurses,
- RNs and LPNs to assist with medical needs and patient education as needed,
- Medical Director to support and advise the team as needed,
- Medical social Workers assist clients and community case managers with benefits, housing, and linkage to services such mental health centers,
- Physical and Occupational therapist for strength, gait and transfer training,
- Nutritional Consultant RNs to assist with meal planning and diet education,
- Home Health Aides to assist with ADLs and some IADLs
We have a step by step process to assist chronically mentally clients to remain safe in the community and with medication management.
Short term therapy:
- This is done by a Medicare certified psychiatric nurse,
- Can be performed in the home or assisted living facility,
- Usually done in 6-8 weeks. Therapy can be done with adjustment disorders, depression, anxiety, anger management, OCD, withdrawn behaviors, as well as many other issues.
Reasons for short term therapy may include:
- Death of a loved one,
- Change in living situation,
- New medical diagnoses,
- Loss of independence.